Friday, April 23, 2010

It Starts

Hello! My name is Jessica. I live in Chandler, AZ and I have been saying I want to travel to the UK for a really long time. I've decided I want to go to Scotland (more on how this came about later), I thought this might be the perfect place to plan my trip. I am fairly unorganized, so I am hoping this blog will help keep me on track and add a little fun to the process.

As I said before, I've always wanted to go to the UK. The US is cool, but I want to visit a different nation, on a different continent, somewhere with rich history and ideally a place that speaks the same language until I get the hang of international travel (other than Canada).
I started reading a fantastic book series last year, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Outlander takes place in Scotland, and is filled with a rich appreciation for the country and it's people. While reading I would often research things as I came upon them, such as where exactly IS Scotland. Yes, I know... but I really did look. As I got more into the first book I was looking up clan histories, Gaelic, music and all sorts of things... Thank God for Wikipedia and YouTube. I started to fall in love with the dynamic of the country, the scenery, and their history. Just like that, I now know where I want to take my vacation!!

Please feel free to comment, make suggestions, or just read.

Jessica :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :-)
♥ Jessica